The Bekaert Group Executive (BGE) assumes the operational responsibility for the Company’s activities and acts under the supervision of the Board of Directors. The BGE is chaired by Matthew Taylor, Chief Executive Officer.
New organizational structure since March 2019
The composition of the Bekaert Group Executive reflects the new organizational structure - introduced on 1 March 2019 - with four Business Units and four Global Functional Domains.
- The Business Unit Rubber Reinforcement (serving industries that use tire cord, bead wire, hose reinforcement wire and conveyor belt reinforcement) is led by Arnaud Lesschaeve, Divisional CEO Rubber Reinforcement.
- The Business Unit Steel Wire Solutions (serving industrial, agricultural, consumer and construction markets with a broad range of steel wire products and solutions) is led by Stijn Vanneste, Divisional CEO Steel Wire Solutions.
- The Business Unit Specialty Businesses (including building products, fiber technologies, combustion technology and sawing wire) is led by Jun Liao, Divisional CEO Specialty Businesses.
- Bridon-Bekaert Ropes Group (BBRG, including the ropes and advanced cords businesses) is led by Curd Vandekerckhove, Divisional CEO of BBRG.
The Business Units have global P&L accountability for strategy and delivery in their distinct areas and therefore have dedicated production facilities and commercial and technology teams within their respective organization. This helps them develop a customer-centric approach aligned with the specific needs and dynamics of their markets.
- Taoufiq Boussaid is Chief Financial Officer.
- Rajita D’Souza is Chief Human Resources Officer.
- Juan Carlos Alonso is Chief Strategy Officer.
- Oswald Schmid is Chief Operations Officer.
The Functions take a role as strategic business partners, accountable for providing specific expertise and services across the Group, and for ensuring the business has the right capability to deliver on short- and long-term goals.
Back row, from left: Taoufiq Boussaid, Arnaud Lesschaeve, Jun Liao, Juan Carlos Alonso, Oswald Schmid
Front row, from left: Rajita D’Souza, Curd Vandekerckhove, Matthew Taylor, Stijn Vanneste
Changes during 2019
- Arnaud Lesschaeve joined Bekaert on 1 June 2019 as Divisional CEO Rubber Reinforcement.
- Juan Carlos Alonso joined Bekaert on 1 July 2019 as Chief Strategy Officer.
- Taoufiq Boussaid joined Bekaert on 15 July 2019 as Chief Financial Officer and took over the helm from Frank Vromant, Chief Financial Officer ad interim, who retired on 31 December 2019 after a career of 40 years at Bekaert.
- Curd Vandekerckhove was appointed Divisional CEO of BBRG on 1 August 2019.
- Oswald Schmid joined Bekaert on 1 December 2019 as Chief Operations Officer.
The biographies of all Bekaert Group Executive members are available on the Bekaert website.
The composition of the BGE will change in 2020
Matthew Taylor has, for personal reasons, decided to retire from his position as CEO and director of Bekaert, and will vacate these positions with effect as of 12 May 2020. Matthew Taylor joined Bekaert in September 2013 as a member of the Bekaert Group Executive, and became CEO in May 2014.
As of 12 May 2020, Oswald Schmid, Chief Operations Officer of Bekaert, will act as the interim CEO, pending the appointment of a new CEO.
The Board of Directors will conduct a comprehensive search process, involving both internal and external candidates, to identify the best candidate to serve as Bekaert’s new permanent CEO and lead the Group further in the development and achievement of its strategic ambitions.